- As we grow Older, and Wiser, we slowly but surely realize that many things lose their value in life. We are not in any mad rush to own anything and everything that we see.
- Whether we wear a $700 or $50 watch does not matter. The feel or the texture may be very different but time is time and they both tell the same time.
– Whether we carry a $300 or $30 wallet/handbag, the amount of money inside is the same. May be it may differ a lot but the wad of notes is the same. There is no difference.
– Whether we drink a bottle of $500 or $30 wine of the best quality, or wine that is kept in the cellar for many years and may be the packaging may come with aesthetic designs, the hang over is always going to feel the same.
– Whether the house we live in is 10,000 or 700 sq. ft., with all the modern amenities like swimming pool, a tennis court, open lawns and palatial rooms, if you live in it on your own with no one to share it, loneliness is the same. It slowly destroys you.
– Whether we eat in a fine dining restaurant that costs $400 or eat at a roadside café costing $10, the food is all the same. It is going to settle in our system only. Too much food too will cause a number of ailments. Wasting food is not the criteria.
You will realize, as you grow older that true inner happiness does not come from the material things of this world. Whether you fly first class or economy class, if the plane goes down you go down with it. No matter what the situation always remind yourself ‘I have a Choice’. Whether I want to own and possess everything that comes within my reach and yet remain miserable or I am totally contented with what I have been given in life.
Our days are much happier when we give people who are barely making a living, a lot of what we do not want and see the amount of overwhelming joy and smiles on their faces. We live in a beautiful World, why not make it more humane and appropriate for all to live peacefully and cheerfully.
So Live simple, stay simple and enjoy life.