- She looked for happiness in her latest crystal embellished designer dress….all she found was a tight fitting garment which made her feel self-conscious.
- She looked for happiness in a container of delicious chocolate ice cream……..all she found was an icy sugar rush and guilt.
- She looked for happiness in her new luxurious black Mercedes Benz…..all she found was a mechanical tool which was irrelevant to her ultimate journey.
- She looked for happiness in the elegance of her high heeled pair of Jimmy Choos…..all she found were blisters and aching feet.
- She looked for happiness in a trendy new make-up store…..all she found was beautifully colored masks to hide her authentic self.
- She looked for happiness in the beautifully designed interior of her sea facing Villa…..all she found was a hauntingly silent, empty house which felt like a prison.
- She searched for happiness all her life………she often wondered how people who were less ‘fortunate’ than her, were so content and happy with their lives.
- A materialistic mindset can never truly understand that happiness can be found…..in the arms of your mother, in the advice from your father, in the laughter of your child, in the eyes of your husband, in the beauty of nature, in Blessings from elderly people, in the generosity and gratefulness of your heart, in the purity of your mind, in your ability to forgive others and yourself.
- Happiness can also be found in the calmness of your soul……..which comes from your love and remembrance of the Almighty GOD. True happiness is when you appreciate all the people in your life and help everyone around you, no matter what. Happiness is something you alreays are and it comes from the way you think.
You know why it’s hard to be happy? It’s because we refuse to let go of the things that make us sad. Can we all try and be happy from this very moment dear friends…………